SEC Rankings – Week 2
Posted by Ryne E. Hancock on September 11, 2008
After a week of being on best behavior and saying goodbye to North Highland Park’s greatest basketball player, I have once again returned to present to you the SEC Power Rankings for the week of September 7th.
1. Georgia (The real season begins this week when the Bulldogs face South Carolina.)
2. Florida (Impressive win against Miami on Saturday and plenty of momentum to go into next weekend’s showdown with Tennessee at Neyland.)
3. LSU (Bye week gives the Bayou Bengals plenty of time to rest up for the showdown with Auburn.)
4. Alabama (Two impressive wins so far this season will make another dogfight in the SEC West.)
5. Auburn (As Director of Hottie Recruitment and Auburn fan Joel Pierce said to me Saturday, there’s room for improvement for the boys from the Plains.)
6. Kentucky (Relax, it was a bad Louisville team and Norfolk State. Their ranking isn’t going to be that high for long on the power rankings.)
7. Tennessee (Dr. Greer, I think you better fork over my BBQ ‘n Coke come September 27th when Auburn beats a tattoo on the most overrated team not named Clemson.)
8. Ole Miss (That team didn’t look like the team from the Coach O era on Saturday against Wake Forest, did it?)
9. Vanderbilt (2-0 on 25th Avenue South? Quick, call Satan!!!)
10. Arkansas (Hogs will have to wait to take their beating by the Longhorns. That will come September 27th by the way.)
11. South Carolina (The Spurrier “I Quit” Watch is on in Columbia.)
12. Mississippi State (Dawgs hit the .500 mark and I’m still building my stable of young ladies to talk to.)
My time’s up. You’ve been a great audience. Enjoy your Saturday of college football and read my book, “Candy Bars and Fly Balls”, available online and also in stores around the Memphis area.
This entry was posted on September 11, 2008 at 4:16 PM and is filed under NCAA Football. Tagged: AUTHOR:DOC HANCOCK, SEC. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
8 Responses to “SEC Rankings – Week 2”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.