First Place In The SEC East
Posted by Matt on September 30, 2007
In case you were wondering…
…that’s what it looks like!
I am going to relish in the fact that, all week, KENTUCKY IS IN SOLE POSSESSION OF FIRST PLACE IN THE SEC EAST!
What We Learned On Saturday:
- Kentucky is in first place in the SEC East (at least for now)
- Florida is beatable (thankfully)
- LSU is containable (slightly, and only for one Half)
- Woodson is human (barely)
- And these Top 15 teams fell to inferior opponents (or now superior, depending on how you view things):
- #3 Oklahoma – to Colorado
- #4 Florida – to Auburn
- #5 West Virginia – to #18 South Florida (Friday night)
- #7 Texas – to Kansas State
- #10 Rutgers – to Maryland
- #11 Oregon – to #6 California
- #13 Clemson – to Georgia Tech
All teams lower than #14 Kentucky if you go by the currently more favorable AP Poll. What does that mean for the Wildcats? Well, for one, they’ll likely be in the Top 11 as they’ll leapfrog at least Clemson, Oregon, and Rutgers — possibly in the Top 10 if Texas falls far enough — and secondly, this makes Thursday night’s Prime Time matchup with the Gamecocks this week at South Carolina a battle between two Top 12 SEC East teams for divisional supremacy.
I couldn’t like the sounds of that any more than I do right now and 5-0 through the month of September? It doesn’t get much better than that.
But all that I can say is…
FIRST PLACE IN THE SEC EAST!
This entry was posted on September 30, 2007 at 2:03 AM and is filed under Kentucky Wildcats, NCAA Football. Tagged: AUTHOR:MJ. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
4 Responses to “First Place In The SEC East”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.