Top 5 (Cubs Vs. N.L. Central)
Posted by Bob Swerski on August 1, 2007
Top 5 reasons the Cubs will be at the top of the division at the end of the season:
1. 3rd lowest team ERA in the majors (Brewers 15th, Pirates 23rd, Astros 24th, Reds 26th, ‘Cards 28th)
2. Best record in baseball since early June
3. Second best batting average in division with a .269 (behind St. Louis with a .270)
4. Carlos Zambrano has more wins then any other pitcher with 14, after a shakey start, and Ted Lilly has 11 wins which makes him 13th in MLB. These are more wins then any other pitcher in the NL Central (there are 2 pitchers with 10 wins and 2 with 9).
5. Carlos Zambrano, a pitcher, has one of the highest batting averages in the league with a .291, and the other day he had more hits, with 3, than he gave up against the Reds .
This entry was posted on August 1, 2007 at 2:44 PM and is filed under MLB. Tagged: AUTHOR:BOB SWERSKI, Chicago Cubs. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
One Response to “Top 5 (Cubs Vs. N.L. Central)”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.