Monday Morning “What’s In Store?”
Posted by Matt on July 23, 2007
A quick recap of yesterday’s turn of events before we set the table for the week ahead:
– The Cincinnati Reds lost to the Florida Marlins yesterday by a score of 9-3, just a day after falling 11-1 to the same team. After showing flashes of consistent performances, the Reds relapsed to the team of old dropping three of four to the .500-style Marlins while watching the Bullpen surrender 17-runs during the 7th and 8th innings in the last two games of the series combined. The Trade Deadline is a week away, let the proverbial sh*t hit the fan.
– Sergio Garcia did his best Jean Paul Van De Velde/Phil Mickelson impression on the Back Nine of Carnoustie Golf Links yesterday to force a playoff with Padraig Harrington only to proceed to lose in the four additional holes. Garcia was a favorite of some and was looking to go wire-to-wire since Tiger Woods did it at Royal Saint Andrews, but it clearly wasn’t meant to be and Sergio remains to be the “Best Golfer To Never Win A Major.”
By now we have all heard of the NBA controversy involving referee Tim Donaghy, and because that deserves more time than a recap so that leads me to a bit of a preview of the week ahead:
– We will try to organize as many facts as possible, including as much possible footage surrounding the Donaghy situation as we possibly can this week. Once we’ve organized everyone’s thoughts, hopefully the picture will be much clearer.
– Continued coverage of the Michael Vick situation as the quarterback will be arraigned this Thursday, July 26th, in a Federal Court with the PETA protestors near by.
– We’ll take a look at the difference between Jerry Narron and Pete Mackanin and why the “Interim” prefix to “Manager” leads to better success in the short term for the Reds than seen with full-time managers in full-length seasons.
A lot to come before my vacation but the show will go on in my absence next week, keep coming back as we love each and every one of you here at “The Nasty Boys.”
This entry was posted on July 23, 2007 at 7:11 AM and is filed under General Sports. Tagged: AUTHOR:MJ. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.